Accidents in Public Places

Accidents in Public Places? We can help.

Our Personal Injury Solicitors will help you regarding all types of public place accidents. We offer no win no fee service in the majority of Personal Injury claims. we are available over a phone call, email, or in person, whatever suits you.

If you are injured in a public place, and this was not your fault, you can claim compensation. Even when you are unaware of who is responsible for your injuries. Our experienced solicitors will examine your situation to identify who is to charge and whether you can claim. Some common injuries due to public place accidents for which you can claim include:

  • Burns and scalds from hot water taps that aren’t adequately marked
  • Electric shocks from electric wiring, tracks, or fences
  • Falling from stairs or steps on public/private property
  • Injury caused by falling scaffolding in a public area
  • Injury due to horse-riding accident
  • Injury from dog bite occurs on the public highway, in a park, or on private property.
  • Injury in an amusement park
  • Livestock injury (if there’s no warning sign)
  • Masonry injury in public locations
  • Pavement accident injury
  • School or playground accident injury
  • Slip, trip, and fall in the public area due to slippery/wet floors.
  • The injury that occurs in a lift, escalator, or elevator

How our Personal Injury Solicitors can help?

Our Personal Injury Solicitors at Solicitors Inn have great empathy for individuals going through terrible times. We’ve helped many people to get the maximum possible recovery, and we’ll work with you to measure the compensation that meets your present and future needs. Our expert solicitors guide you in all areas of personal injury and fight for the maximum possible compensation you deserve, including paying for medical care and lost wages.

If you slip on a faulty sidewalk, the local government usually is to blame; however, the owner is usually to blame if you trip in a public building. That’s why most local governments, landowners, and even dog owners get Public Liability Insurance.

You must prove someone else’s carelessness causes the accident. Take photos of the incident site, such as the photos of an uneven pavement stone. It would be best to obtain the names and contact information of witnesses, along with images of your injury and the hospital’s medical records. If you are injured in a public building, try to figure out who owns it, and the same applies if a dog has bitten you.

Usually, you can file a claim within 3 years from the date of the public place accident. However, there are a few exceptions to this general rule, such as:

  • There is no time restriction for an individual who loses the mental capacity to file a claim.
  • Claims on behalf of children can be filed at any stage before they reach the age of eighteen. The 3-year limit sets in on the eighteenth birthday of your child. Therefore a claim must be filed before he/she becomes twenty-one.
  • Claims on behalf of a dead person can be filed within 3 years from the date of death or the date of the findings when you come to know that a public place accident is a reason for death.

The compensation amount depends on the severity of the damage and how much it affects your routine life. You can claim several things, including lost wages, medical bills, etc.

We submit the applications along with all the required documentation and pieces of information on behalf of the client in time. We obtain updates and provide you with updates on your personal injury matters without any delay.

How to get started?

If you’ve been injured in a public place and that wasn’t your fault, we’re here to help. To book an initial consultation, please fill in the form below, and someone from our team will contact you as soon as possible. We’re here to answer your questions. We’re here to answer your questions. If you prefer to contact us by phone, call us on 0203 500 8000 or email us at

Why choose Solicitors’ Inn?

Our Personal injury solicitors can communicate with you in your own language. We can discuss your personal injury matters in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Hindi, Pashto, Punjabi, Saraiki, Sindhi, Tamil, and Urdu. Talk to our Personal Injury Lawyers today to book an appointment.

Book your Appointment with Solicitors' Inn


Child Abduction

Childcare Proceedings

Child Contact Order

Cohabitation Agreements

Collaborative Law


Domestic Abuse

Financial Settlements

Inheritance Act Claims


Matrimonial Finance


Non-Molestation Orders

Occupation Orders

Post-Nuptial Agreements

Prenuptial Agreements